Menu
MrsEmm
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Does a TIVO box cost more?

I have been with Virgin for years ... I have what is now called the FUN (L) TV package ...  What do I need to do to get a TIVO Box as I would love to use Netflix and be able to record.  Does it cost a lot more; or do I just ask?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does a TIVO box cost more?

You should be able to upgrade to it if you call Customer Services, their number is 150 if you have a VM phone or else call 0345 454 1111.

You may have to pay a £49.99 activation fee, its possible if you haggle you could get it for £14.99. VM are phasing out all the old vHD boxes, since this month only TiVo boxes are being offered to new customers. 

In all honesty though, as someone who has been with VM for 8 years, the TiVo is way worse in terms of performance compared to what you have now. On paper it is very good but it just has not been implemented very well.

In any case VM are launching a brand new version of the TiVo called the V6 in October, see here for details, if I were you I would wait for that. Though for that you will have to pay more.

It cannot possibly be bad as the current version, can it?

0 Kudos

All Replies
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does a TIVO box cost more?

You should be able to upgrade to it if you call Customer Services, their number is 150 if you have a VM phone or else call 0345 454 1111.

You may have to pay a £49.99 activation fee, its possible if you haggle you could get it for £14.99. VM are phasing out all the old vHD boxes, since this month only TiVo boxes are being offered to new customers. 

In all honesty though, as someone who has been with VM for 8 years, the TiVo is way worse in terms of performance compared to what you have now. On paper it is very good but it just has not been implemented very well.

In any case VM are launching a brand new version of the TiVo called the V6 in October, see here for details, if I were you I would wait for that. Though for that you will have to pay more.

It cannot possibly be bad as the current version, can it?

0 Kudos