Menu
steviebb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disgusted with Installation

I paid the £50 to have a trouble free installation.   Engineer came around and got everything going except for the Tivo.  He kept getting a C7011 error and could not get past IP Configuration in the setup screen.  He tried 3 tivo boxes changed out the wiring before ringing his manager. Was told to move on to next customer if he could not fix it..   No one available until Monday.   He then said the box might work in an hour or two and to keep trying to connect..

After 1.5 hours of trying I rang the help line who said it was an easy fix and an Engineer would return shortly to fix matters as he should not have left until eveyrthing was working..   I waited 2 hours no-one appeared!!   I rang back and was then told I would have to wait until monday for an Engineer to return!!   This is appalling and I will try and reclaim the £50 installation!!   

Does anyone know of this problem and can I fix it myself?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusted with Installation

Not something you can fix yourself. Looks like what you have is a network problem, something the contract installer is not trained or paid to deal with. Your next visit will be from an experienced network tech who should be able to sort the issue. Issues like this are not the norm, so count yourself unlucky. You certainly should not be paying for the service until the box is activated, which it is clearly not.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
steviebb
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE:   I sorted the problem out myself this morning....    I achieved this by turning everything off.  I then turned on the tivo but it still got stuckon the IP Configuration step..    I then turned on the modem.  The modem took an age to start with various lights red & green flashing..  Then the Tivo kicked into life and started to download updates etc..   The modem returned to normal and after 10 mins the tivo was up and running...   Sorted...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi steviebb,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear we got off to a shakey start with the installation of the TiVo® service.  I'm glad to hear all is working ok again now for you.

We're here to help in anyway we can so don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any other queries.

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos