Menu
enigmatic64
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection fee

I am moving soon,  and was totally dismayed to find out I would have the max disconnection fee.  I can't take the service with me,  which I would if I could,  because virgin don't supply the service to the area that I'm moving to.  Obviously this isn't through any fault of my own.  I don't have the choice.  Surely if it's the case of not being able to continue the service because it's not available then we shouldn't be penalized.?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disconnection fee

enigmatic64 wrote:

I can understand if you don't want to take the service with you,  but not if you want to but can't, because of the service provider.

Have to agree with you, If your having to move but still want to keep your VM services but they cant provide them because they havn't cabled that area, that really isnt your problem its theirs.

Dig you heels in on this, because they're just trying to extract the proverbial

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

..but it is all documented clearly in the contract you agreed to.

enigmatic64
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can understand if you don't want to take the service with you,  but not if you want to but can't, because of the service provider.

0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

enigmatic64 wrote:

Have to agree with you, If your having to move but still want to keep your VM services but they cant provide them because they havn't cabled that area, that really isnt your problem its theirs.

Dig you heels in on this, because they're just trying to extract the proverbial

0 Kudos
enigmatic64
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did just check T&C and all it gives is the disconnection charges,  nothing at all about circumstances of the disconnection. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no circumstances are given. it says 'The early disconnection fee that you'll be charged if your contract is cancelled within the minimum contract period depends on what services you have and how long is left to run on your minimum contract period for each of those services'.

it is unfortunate virgin are not at your new place, but as a result the contract is cancelled and early leaving fees are applied. if they just let people off whenever they said they were moving to an area with no virgin, a contract would become worthless. those in contract could all say that and no one would pay any fees and stop services whenever they chose to without penalty. i would speak to virgin to see if you can get a discount of the fees.
0 Kudos
Jimbo3166
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely disgusted with the service provided by Virgin.

Since being with Virgin, the Wifi within my two bedroom flat has rarely travelled past the front room where the router is. Numerous calls to Virgin have not resolved the problem. Although I am offered updates on my package on a regular basis!!!! SO FRUSTRATING. If I wanted updates I WOULD REQUEST THEM.

To top it all, I have called this morning to cancel my contract to be told I would have to pay over £200 disconnection fee.

I currently only have TV and broadband, as I cancelled the phone package some months back as I wasn't using it.

The service provided by Virgin has been less than acceptable.

I have given the 30 days notice and am being told the services will be in place for that period.......then told my equipment will be collected within 10days!!!

WORK THAT ONE OUT.

Virgin, THIS IS FRAUD, you are obtaining money for services that are not being provided, especially if you take the equipment.

I am considering cancelling my DD prior to the next bill being paid.

0 Kudos