Menu
jerry48
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disappearing Episode

Last week I set a series link for Paranoid on STV.  It appeared in a folder which I thought was strange as it was, at the time, the only episode.  This week episode 2 recorded .... and episode 1 vanished.  Not on catchup, of course, just totally gone.  Not in deleted folder either.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disappearing Episode

Hello jerry48,

Kath_F is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind me stepping in.

The Series Link+ option allows you to pull a program from anywhere it's being shown whether it's from different channels in the TV guide, Netflix, YouTube etc. It may be that this program is being pulled from the On Demand and that's why it's only showing one at a time because the information is replaced every 7 days.

I would just like to check what settings you have selected.

If you go to - 

Home - My Shows & Recordings - Manage My Series Links+ - Modify Recording Options - (The first option should say Include)

Now you can change this to recordings only, recordings and streaming data or streaming data only.

I would recommend changing it to recordings only if you only want it to record from particular channels, this way it shouldn't delete any unless your hard drive is nearly full and you have it set to 'keep until space needed' in the modify recording option of the series link.

Let me know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jerry48,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with disappearing episodes. 

It sounds as though you may well have your series link set to keep new episodes only. Double check this by going to Home >  My Shows & Recordings > Manage My Series Links.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jerry48
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Kath.  However, I'm recording only new episodes, and not reruns, and I'm keeping 25 episodes.  And it seems totally random.  Paranoid and The Fall are recording only one episode and throwing out old ones (even if not viewed) butThe Level is recording normally, but the recording settings are exactly the same for each series.

the problem has arisen only since Series Link got upgraded to Series Link +.  Hope you can figure this one out!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello jerry48,

Kath_F is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind me stepping in.

The Series Link+ option allows you to pull a program from anywhere it's being shown whether it's from different channels in the TV guide, Netflix, YouTube etc. It may be that this program is being pulled from the On Demand and that's why it's only showing one at a time because the information is replaced every 7 days.

I would just like to check what settings you have selected.

If you go to - 

Home - My Shows & Recordings - Manage My Series Links+ - Modify Recording Options - (The first option should say Include)

Now you can change this to recordings only, recordings and streaming data or streaming data only.

I would recommend changing it to recordings only if you only want it to record from particular channels, this way it shouldn't delete any unless your hard drive is nearly full and you have it set to 'keep until space needed' in the modify recording option of the series link.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jerry48
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Aaaah!  That might explain it! I set the box to record the series after episode 1 had aired and was surprised to find it recorded.  I had no idea it had been recorded from catchup, otherwise I would have watched it before its paltry week was up.  A case of modern technology being just that wee bit too advanced for this user!

I presume another feature is that a folder now appears for the very first episode of a series, whereas before the folder icon did not appear until episode 2.  

Many thanks for that Rose!  Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jerry48,

That's okay glad I could help Smiley Happy. The new features included with the Series Link+ may take a little getting used to but I hope you find them beneficial to you. Any further questions just let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos