Menu
Scope2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disable the constant recording of channels...?

The HDD in my Tivo box is making such a racket when it is spinning it is causing us to not watch any channels on it..    Is there an option NOT to constantly record (for rewinding) on the tuners?   I dont want the box to record anything unless I ask it to, but the default is to always record.

If I was able to stop the recording we might start watching it again..

(But having said that, the box is VERY slow, why on earth do you not improve the software to run properly on the hardware?  Its a pain to use)

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disable the constant recording of channels...?

Hi press the home button go down to help& settings >recordings>suggestions >tick no don't record suggestions. Now the box will only record what you ask it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Scope2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is already get off.

When I go to "Info", then scroll down to the record tab you can see 2 channels being recorded (for timeshifting I presume)..

God knows why it is picking these shows/channels, I havent even once watched the Motor channels.. 

Hence the disc is spinning all the time, making it a not very pleasant viewing experience.

virgin.jpg

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In that case you have a series link or wish list set with key names that the box is picking up on, or is there somebody else in the household setting things. All these settings have sub menu's which you may need to explore, it's a computer so will only do what its told.
0 Kudos
Scope2
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nope, nothing set up, I promise you.. I checked all the settings, besides I am the only person in the household that would use it, and I havent set up anything. Even if it was a series link/wishlist/suggestion (which it isnt), it wouldnt record all the time.. The disc is constantly spinning.
0 Kudos
Scope2
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way to stop it from timeshifting? I dont need to rewind/play unless I have actually paused it and activated the timeshift.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, there is no way to do that.

Pretty sure most PVRs wouldn't allow it as it's one of the core reasons that a PVR exists.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos