Menu
Higgy5150
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit Date

How do I change the date from my Bank Account?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Direct Debit Date

For cable services you'll need to contact Customer Services on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. They can arrange for your Direct Debit date to be moved to an alternate date.

Some things to be aware of:

1) There are only certain dates per month that will be available so it may not be possible to choose the exact date you want, but you should be able to get one close to your preferred date

2) There is a fixed relationship between your billing period and the payment date, so if you move your Direct Debit, then your billing period moves too. This can mean that the first bill after a Direct Debit move can cover more than a month of services as your new Direct Debit date will be over a month since your last payment. Also in some cases you can end up with two smaller payments than usual in the same month.

The Customer Services team will be able to tell you which is going to happen when they arrange your new Direct Debit date.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Direct Debit Date

For cable services you'll need to contact Customer Services on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. They can arrange for your Direct Debit date to be moved to an alternate date.

Some things to be aware of:

1) There are only certain dates per month that will be available so it may not be possible to choose the exact date you want, but you should be able to get one close to your preferred date

2) There is a fixed relationship between your billing period and the payment date, so if you move your Direct Debit, then your billing period moves too. This can mean that the first bill after a Direct Debit move can cover more than a month of services as your new Direct Debit date will be over a month since your last payment. Also in some cases you can end up with two smaller payments than usual in the same month.

The Customer Services team will be able to tell you which is going to happen when they arrange your new Direct Debit date.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own