Menu
NikitaG
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Didn't know about price increase

My most recent bill has just come in and as it had gone up so much I just went to look through my bills online, as I've never been sent an actual bill, in doing this I've just noticed that my charges went up in February which I wasn't told about and received no letter about so I've just been online to find out about increase and I've just read that I could have taken an option to cancel my contract free of charge due to increase if I had done so within 30 days of receiving letter notifying me of increase or within 30 days of receiving first increased bill. But my point is that as I didn't receive letter and I don't receive paper bills, how was I supposed to notice increase? Really annoyed as would have been very happy to be able to cancel contract as I don't feel that the service provided reflects the very high costs. What can I do about this now?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Didn't know about price increase

Sorry but at this stage there isn't anything you can now do in regards to cancelling without penalty if you're still in a minimum term.

I'm not sure why you didn't get the price increase notification, but you will get an ebill notification email each month that includes the bill total for that month. The way it's designed is that you can then log into the website to see the full bill, and the five previous month bills (if applicable) if you so wish.

So if your price did increase in February it would have shown on that email, even without you having to log in to the website to see the full bill breakdown.

If you feel that you're not getting value for your price, you would be able discuss with Virgin Media what options you have for a better value deal. However a new bundle deal would also come with a new minimum term.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
NikitaG
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So in other words it's tough? Tbh I'm not surprised I've had nothing but grief and problems ever since taking out my contract with virgin.
And what a surprise about having to take new contract if I downgrade, as I was told when I took contract out that if it became too much to pay I could downgrade at any time... No mention of new contract. That's a final kick in the teeth, so I now have a service that I can't afford to pay for with Internet that seems to get slower every day.
0 Kudos
NikitaG
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also I've just been and looked at all my ebills and nowhere on them does it show the increase unless I actually go in and open the bills to see the breakdown. As the bills slightly differ each month I have no idea how just opening the email would show me the increase.
0 Kudos