Menu
pemass48
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device connections

i have a TiVo box connected to a wall socket in one room and a super hub connected to a fly cable in another room. Elsewhere there is another unused wall socket. Can I swap the hub with the TiVo or are the sockets configured to be specific to the current devices? Does a splitter exist that would allow both devices to be connected to one socket? Also, how can I ascertain if the unused socket is 'live' in case I want to use it for one of the devices? Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device connections

hiya @pemass48 yes moving equipment requires the signal to be correctly balanced, so moving hub,tivo etc can greatly affect the signal quality and possible introduce noise onto the network this would go back to the cabinet and possible effect others, this is the same with adding splitters, to get virginmedia to do all the work for you would cost the standard call out fee of £99.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @pemass48 yes moving equipment requires the signal to be correctly balanced, so moving hub,tivo etc can greatly affect the signal quality and possible introduce noise onto the network this would go back to the cabinet and possible effect others, this is the same with adding splitters, to get virginmedia to do all the work for you would cost the standard call out fee of £99.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
pemass48
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
tanyaspenceras
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting message to say device not able to be registered. I have a Tivo box and an android phone on version 6.0.2. Why can't I register device?

Thanks, Tanya
0 Kudos