Menu
Wialli
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Deleting my shows... AGAIN!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to my Virgin box, down to 42% full from 70% full a couple of days ago.  This is the second time it has happened:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/About-45-50-of-recordings-have-disappeared/td-p/2769443

Why do you keep deleting my shows?  I set some of these to never delete but you've still deleted them.

There was 30% of space left on there.  Any updates shouldn't have needed more than 30%.

STOP DELETING MY SHOWS!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting my shows... AGAIN!!!

Hi Wialli,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I am very sorry to hear that this has happened again where your recordings have gone.  

I just wanted to check, have you checked the 'Deleted' Folder to see if they are in there?  Apologies if you have already checked this.

Has this happened on the same box as last time?  If you can let me know and I will investigate this further.  If you can also confirm which box this affected that would be great.  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Wialli
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, same box as last time. Yep, deleted items was the first place I checked as per your advice last time.  

It's the oldest box, think its the DVR 6F0F.

0 Kudos
Av3ngingang3l1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This has just happened to us. It deleted a series we were halfway through watching. It also deleted the suggestions that I had been saving to watch tomorrow. (On my day off) And if that wasn't enough, it deleted the Recently Deleted folder too.
So, no hope of salvaging anything.

Tivo was only at 41% this morning, so no reason for this to have happened.
Really annoyed!

0 Kudos
Anna57
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This happened to us twice. Went from 72% to 48% in one second and deleted folder empty. On third TiVo in the space of two weeks. Still got problems!!!

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It really is time this was resolved, or if you are unable to determine why this is happening then you need to start reducing your monthly charge whilst we bare with you with a service that is far from described.

Whilst I appreciate this does not affect everyone, you need to appreciate for those that it does affect it is hugely annoying.  You are fast using up customer goodwill whilst the issue remains outstanding and the full sub is taken from our accounts each month.

The slow speeds and poor on demand access is bad enough, but this really is pushing it!!!

0 Kudos
tupence
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This has just happened to me. My box was about 55% full earlier but now it's 43% full, it's deleted a complete series I was part way through rewatching and some random episodes of other programmes that I haven't watched yet. There's nothing in my recently deleted folder so I can't retrieve anything.

I've tried rebooting, as suggested in earlier threads on this problem, but no joy.

What's the point of a pvr that can't be trusted to keep the shows it records?!

Another very unhappy customer here.
0 Kudos