Menu
sanste
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delay with sound

Hi can anyone help please?

we have just had a new smart tv and connected the TiVo box, that's all fine but we have it connected to the hifi but now there's a delay on sound, mouths move then we hear the sound, any suggestions what we can do? Tia

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delay with sound

Hi sanste,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I will be happy to check this out with you.  You mention that you have a HDMI lead going from TiVo® direct to TV, then a scart going from TiVo® to your HiFi - is this correct?  If so, you can alternatively use an Optical Audio lead from the TiVo® to the HiFi (Assuming the audio equipment supports this type of connection, if not you can get adaptors to suit).

With the current setup, using 2 different lead types can generate sound issues as the output via HDMI will override the Scart function when both are connected.

I hope this helps in some way.  Let me know how you get on.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Santse Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming back to us and posting Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read there's been some delay in sound in the home, I've been into the TV services and found no issues right away. I would like to ask in the meantime if there's been any change if the TV is only plugged into the TiVo with no 3rd party equipment?

Take care and get back to me soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sanste
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back to us. We have the TiVo box connected to the tv via hdmi lead. We also connected the TiVo box from the scart to the aux input on the hi fi. Our problem is when we put sound on through the hifi so we can watch a film from the TiVo box there's a lip sync issue. Is ther anyway to correct this? Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sanste,

Thank you for coming in and posting back to me Smiley Happy

I would ask if you have been able to test this whilst changing the audio settings? Try changing them from Dolby to PCM or the other way around if you have it Smiley Happy

Take care and come back to me soon Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sanste
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried what you suggested but there's still slight delay 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sanste,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I will be happy to check this out with you.  You mention that you have a HDMI lead going from TiVo® direct to TV, then a scart going from TiVo® to your HiFi - is this correct?  If so, you can alternatively use an Optical Audio lead from the TiVo® to the HiFi (Assuming the audio equipment supports this type of connection, if not you can get adaptors to suit).

With the current setup, using 2 different lead types can generate sound issues as the output via HDMI will override the Scart function when both are connected.

I hope this helps in some way.  Let me know how you get on.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out