Menu
Heidi2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delay in loading channels

I have just changed from sky to Virgin. Very disappointed with the speed channels load etc. With sky we used to press the button and the channel would load instantly. Changing channels , loading my shows, on demand - basically everything- there's a huge delay before anything comes on the screen. My router is in the same room as my TiVo box and I have terrific internet speeds. Is this normal? The kids and hubby are going mad and are begging me to return to sky!
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay in loading channels

Channel switching has always been slower on cable than on Sky. Where your router is won't matter, your TiVo box uses the same cable back to the cab that your router does (it's split when it comes to the premises). The delay in loading the mini-screen is also something that you don't get on Sky. If you switched from Sky to Virgin for the TV you're going to be disappointed because Sky has a better range of channels and their set top boxes are better but you get what you pay for. I knocked over £50 off my bill by switching from Sky to Virgin and whilst the TiVo is underwhelming the 200mbit broadband and cheaper bills aren't.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Heidi2
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay in loading channels

Thank you for that. Yes, I too switched to save a whopping £70 a month!!! I just wanted to check that this wasn't just something wrong with my TiVo box. No worries will tell the kids and hubby to 'shut up and put up' (unless they want to pay the extra!!!)
0 Kudos