Menu
Kibbutzshorts
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Customer service

Where do I start? We've just moved home to a property that had Virgin Media up and running. We've previously had Sky TV for many years and have been very happy with them but I was persuaded by a very pleasant chap that we should give Virgin a go and besides their internet speeds were much better than Sky. I arranged to have a Virgin box and phone set up the day after we moved in. On the day no one turned up and we were told on the phone t

hat this was a two man job and that's why it wasn't completed. I said that the last owners had all the Virgin utilities working three days previously? I won't bore you but during the last week I have been on the phone dozens of times, each person I speak to has to get get somebody else to sign something off, they'll phone me back, they never do. I have been passed from pillar to post, spoken to managers, tech support, each of them tells me something different. A week has passed by and my patience is running out, this is the most appalling service I've ever received. Someone turned up today to run some cable, they were very pleasant and efficient. Not their job though to install boxes etc. Eventually a guy turns up out of the blue, he was fantastic, polite and efficient. He installs a TiVo box but can't do the phone and extra box upstairs. The TV is working and we have internet although not the speeds we promised. The next morning the TV has lost signal and there's no internet. I phone and phone, they'll phone me back they promise. No one does. I eventually get through to someone, they draw their breath through their teeth, they'll have to talk to someone else, they'll get back to me. No one seems to know what they're doing, I don't know if I'll ever get service, I'm on the brink of phoning Sky and getting them round even with their pitiful broadband speeds of 40 mb. Oh well, a glass of wine to calm my nerves...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service

Hi Kibbutzshorts

Welcome to the Community, I am massively sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your service since you've joined, I'll be doing what I can to help.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you, I can see that the installation appointment has been rearranged, which is excellent news. I'll send you confirmation information regarding the installation in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos