Menu
R5oss
Up to speed
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Copy TIVO settings to replacement/2nd box

As previously posted I've had problems with my TIVO box. Thanks to Terri_P the 1st part of the fix was sorted nearly 2 weeks ago and yesterday the 2nd part, the replacement of the TIVO.

Like many others, my Planner & Wishlist had grown past the point of the mythical "5min job" to rebuild manually. My search of VM & the Forum prior to the TIVO swap did not produce any meaningful results, although there was reference to Copy-your-TIVO-settings in the TV-Anywhere app.

Again thanks to Terri_P when she sent me this link which gave the information I was looking for.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl... 

While the engineer was swapping out the TIVO I logged-in to TV-Anywhere on my computer and saw both boxes listed, with the Copy-your-TIVO-settings option displayed.

A couple of hours later when I went back to perform the copy, only the new box was present and without the copy option !!!. The obligatory call to 150 only produced the response "I've never heard of that Sir" and when transferred to the TV-Anywhere team, a disconnected line !.

Another Forum search found this link :-

https://identity.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/requestAssertion.action?SAMLRequest=fVLRTsIwFH3nK5a%2Bb2...

which was provided by dannylau in this thread :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/How-long-before-new-TIVO-box-displays-14-day-TV-Guide/td-p/...

And I'm pleased to say it worked Smiley Happy

Mike.

PS: now we need a Sticky to explain the correct process

R5oss
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Copy TIVO settings to replacement/2nd box

UPDATE:   The copy of the Series Links did not go as well as expected !!!

There were 30+ failed links that were displayed as Corrupt-Delete-me-now. After manually deleting them I've only recopied the Series Links this time and this has worked OK.

0 Kudos
w-b-rowntree
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've just had my Tivo replaced (faulty hard drive) yesterday, and have tried to copy my series links from old to new box - without success! Having read this and several other threads, supposedly this can (could?) be done within fourteen days - I tried within one hour and several more times through the evening, and have tried again today, every time trying  Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge - all fail.

Each time, old box number (copy from) and new box number (copy to) are shown, although the old box is labelled "Deactivated 2016-03-22" - all the appropriate boxes are ticked, reviewed, confirmed - and then the following message appears (in Firefox) :

{"response":{"data":{"items":[],"end":true},"config":[],"errors":["There must be a type array provided."],"exceptionClass":"TivoToolsException"}}

In Internet Explorer, message is "http 500 server error"

What am I doing wrong - or has this copy/recovery facility now been scrapped?

Help, please!!

0 Kudos
Mentalis
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've just had a box swap as well. Using the link in a previous post worked, but I get the same JSON response when I try to swap settings. I was using Chrome.

0 Kudos
madmunky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same issue, looks like a problem with the site. I tried IE and Chrome both fail.

Spoke to Customer Services who said it can take up to 24 hrs for it to work, I wont hold my breath but will be calling back if it doesn't!

Did anyone else who was getting this try again the next day and it work?

0 Kudos
w-b-rowntree
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just tried again - just about 80 hrs(!) after the swap - and still the same "error" message...
Although now most (of what I can remember) have now been re-entered manually....
0 Kudos
madmunky
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This still is not working for me, I've tweeted VM but no idea when it will be fixed. This really needs sorting with the rate the Tivo boxes fail!

0 Kudos
jasontuk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

An engineer has just replaced on of my TiVos following hard drive failure.

I've been trying to copy previous TiVo settings for last hour without success. I've used Edge, IE, FireFox and Chrome but none seem to work. I can see the old box (although marked Deactivated) but whenever I try to copy the settings I get the same errors as w-b-Rowntree.

This makes what should be a relatively straightforward process massively inconvenient.

The site appears to be broken. Can a member of staff please provide an update?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
madmunky
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't waste your time, the function does not work and it seems Virgin Media do not know how to fix it or have any interest in fixing it...

I called them, tweeted them, posted on here and still never got any answer.

0 Kudos
jasontuk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can understand your frustration.

The engineer told me this morning about the service, it's still advertised on their website, the service is accessible and I pay nearly £150 pm to Virgin Media. We should at least expect the courtesy of a reply/update - please staff member?

Jason

0 Kudos