Menu
Katek2013
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Controlling soundbar with tivo remote

Hi 

Just bought a bose 5 solo soundbar and trying to link the tivo remote so it controls the sound bar. I have tried the 3 bose codes on the virgin website and also to find the code by using the remote and none of them work. I have the sound bar connected through the tv using the optical cable. I actually managed to link at one point but when I turned the volume up on the tivo remote it turned the sound down on the soundbar, I then reset the remote and started again and can't seem to get the link again. Any ideas?

Thanks  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Controlling soundbar with tivo remote

Hi Katek2013,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and leave our Remote Control Guide here incase it maybe useful for you.

If not, it may be best to contact the manufacturer of the sound bar system to see if they have the correct code for you.  Our guide doesn't always have the latest ones so they may be able to help further in that way for you.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JonnySolo
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've got the exact same problem with virgin remote volume controls being the opposite way round to the Bose solo 5.
Even more frustrating is that although the Bose remote can be programmed to control the virgin box, the 'record, play, pause' functionality doesn't work!

I'm waiting for a response from Bose tech support at the moment.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
tsk123
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I too have Bose Solo 5 and have reverse volume control on TiVo remote.

I have programmed the Bose remote to control TiVo. Rec, Play, Pause buttons work but I do not seem to have the Enlarge or TV button functionality of the TiVo remote.

Same experience of reverse volume controls reported with Bose Solo 15:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Bose-solo-15-remote-codes/td-p/2825026

Any resolution?
0 Kudos