Menu
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant lag when trying to watch programme on catch up TV

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section but I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm not.  I'm posting here because I have a Tivo box.

The problem I have is that when I tried to watch a programme the other night on catch up, it kept constantly stopping every few seconds and the round circle appeared in the middle of the screen, it was going round and round but as soon as the programme started again it would stop again and the circle would appear again.

This constant lagging in the programme made it impossible to watch. Has anyone else got this problem, or had this problem and fixed it?  If so, how did you fix it please??

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant lag when trying to watch programme on catch up TV

First thing to try pretty much always is the good old reboot. It can cure quite few things. 

Next at is to phone in and get your signals checked out. You may need a engineer visit to sort it out. 

Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Parrotperson.  By reboot do you mean switching the Tivo box off and then on again?  Sorry to ask a silly question but I'm used to reboots on a PC but Tivo boxes are a mystery to me.  Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenonnet

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your Catch Up service, it's certainly not what we want for you!

To reboot the box, turn it fully off and back on again Man Happy

I've also been able to locate your account to run some tests on your individual set top box, we're not detecting any issues at the moment although I'd like to keep my eye on it until I hear from you.

If you've got more than one set top box at home, are you experiencing this issue on just the one or all of them?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig. u Will reboot the box and try watching another programme. Yes I have got two Tivo boxes but haven't tried watching anything on the other one, will try that one to w and let you know.
Your help is appreciated.

Regards
Jen.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the superfast response Jen, 

I'd love to hear how you get onMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos