Menu
bertington
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Conned by the call center!

Hello,

I received a cold phone call offering an upgrade from virgin broadband to full virgin media package. The adviser said it would be £34.00 a month - £5 more than I was currently paying. I was dubious but accepted. I then received an email bill for £74.00. I questioned it with a phone call to customer service. The adviser assured me it would be £34.00 and was a mistake.

I then installed the box and started using it. A few days later I received a contract stating the month payments were £74.00 again.. I did not sign this contract. I rang customer service again and questioned the billing amount. The adviser said that she could see the pending payment of approx £35.00 and I did not need to sign the contract.

I have now just received an new email bill for £146.95!!

Why I am receiving these unexpected bills?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conned by the call center!

Hi bertington, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am so very sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your bills and getting them put right Smiley Sad 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos