Menu
AnthC87
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connection error (7011)

Got my new TiVo box delivered today. Gone through all the set up and activation etc, however keeps sticking at configuring IP connections then showing error 7011. Please help! Really want to watch tv!

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection error (7011)

Hello AnthC87,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and sent some signals to the box so would you be able to reboot the box by the mains and try again please. Also can you ensure the white coax cable is secure in the back of the TiVo® box.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello AnthC87,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and sent some signals to the box so would you be able to reboot the box by the mains and try again please. Also can you ensure the white coax cable is secure in the back of the TiVo® box.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

AnthC87
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

On returning through work I've been through the setup and all is now well. Very pleased and was able to cancel the engineer appointment. Thank you very much and I look forward to enjoying much TiVo!
0 Kudos
quiggs2001
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello ☺️ Ive been away on holiday since I installed Virgin, and also work long/late shifts. My Broadband Connection is great - but I haven't had any TV at all!! Lol Im talking maybe 6 weeks.

My install also freezes at 'Configuring IP connections'. Please help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi quiggs2001,

Thanks for posting.

I'd just like to check how things have been since your post?

Id there's any problems please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
quiggs2001
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The same unfortunately. Im going to call cust services soon, once I get a day off.
0 Kudos
quiggs2001
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still haven't had the chance to ring. Or partially because I work long shifts and the lines are closed when I get home - that and a bit of laziness on my part has led to me still not having TV Signal months after my installation. Can someone re-send me the codes or something like mentioned above? Ive re-booted my box etc already and double checked my connections... Many thanks
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the box needs re-activating, the forum team can do this for you but it'll take them a few days to a week and the box needs to be switched on. To avoid this happening in the future, try not to switch the box off at the mains for more than a few days and instead leave it on standby as they're kicked off the network after about a week of inactivity.

For your information, the phone lines are open from 8am - 10pm. If you do ring, use the "if there's a fault with your TV service" option. If sending the activation signals doesn't work you'll need an engineer visit. I'd get it sorted if you can otherwise you're paying for a service you can't use.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi quiggs2001,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've not activated your box yet.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi quiggs2001,

Thanks for the details!

I've sent an install signal to the box to activate it. All you need to do it switch the box on and leave it for up to an hour to run through the install process.

Let me know if you get any trouble.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos