Menu
GeriS
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Connecting my iPad to Tivo

I have registered my iPad as a device and allowed my Tivo box to accept commands from Virgin TV anywhere but still when I try to watch On Demand it is not available or my shows it states Not connected to the Tivo box. According to the set up instructions I am supposed to Select the Tivo box screen but I cannot find that on my iPad. Where is this and will this finally allow me to watch TV anywhere, my shows and On Demand? Thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting my iPad to Tivo

You cannot watch On Demand via TV Anywhere on a mobile device.

You can watch On Demand via the browser version of TV Anywhere on a PC.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you can't watch "My shows" on an ipad or another device with the exception of another tivo connected to your home network, on demand would be sent over the network and have nothing to do with the tivo, the only shows you can watch have a little wi-fi sign next to them

0 Kudos
GeriS
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand the answer. I need another Tivo box to use TV Anywhere ?

If I try to watch any TV on my iPad I get the message that it is 'Not connected to Tivo box'. If I choose connect I get the message 'Tivo Box not found on this network' As I said, on settings on the TV I allowed mt Tivo box to accept commands from the Virgin TV Anywhere app as per the instructions but it still doesn't work.  

I have one Tivo box and would like to use TV Anywhere on my iPad but am unable. I would like to watch TV, My Shows and On Demand but cannot currently watch anything and don't know what else to do. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Let me be very clear what you can watch with TV Anywhere.

You cannot watch recordings from My Shows.

You can watch some channels in the UK and via wifi. The channels with the wifi symbol.

0 Kudos
GeriS
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ah I see. Thanks for that. I now see the wifi symbol next to certain stations and I can watch. Sorry for being so dumb. However, what about On Demand? If I try to watch anything from On Demand I get the message that it is unavailable but I can watch the exact same show from On Demand on my TV?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You cannot watch On Demand via TV Anywhere on a mobile device.

You can watch On Demand via the browser version of TV Anywhere on a PC.

0 Kudos
canalboat
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie-C,

You were very helpful to me previously so hoping again. When I try to logon to TV Anywhere on my iPad I get the message that due to high demand VM are having difficulty connecting to my Tivo service. When I previously tried to logon it was not a problem. I contacted VM and was told that my hub had to be connected to my Tivo box by Ethernet cable ?

This was never the case before as my hub is in a different room to my Tivo box and I was able to install the app before without the use of a cable. I have just had an updated hub, could this be the problem.

I have tried without success to find the info re installing the TV Anywhere app on my iPad.

Can you be of help with any of the above.

Regards canalboat.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You do not need to connect your TiVo to your Superhub to stream channels.
Doing so will not resolve your problem.
The problem you are seeing is a Virgin Media responsibility suffered by many which I have not seen myself.
It is intermittent so please keep trying but it does seem to happen when you least want it to.
canalboat
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie-C,

Thanks once again for your help, will keep trying it out and hopefully it will work. Have you any other suggestions how I can possibly resolve it as going to VM appears to be of no use.

Regards canalboat.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's a common problem which can only be resolved by Virgin Media. There is no action you can take as a user if you are affected by the issue, except try again.

0 Kudos