Menu
Dixeybaker
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connect dvd player to TiVo box?

Hi I have just bought an lg smart tv and my dvd player has a scart lead (male end free.  new tv doesn't have scart only hdmI.  my TiVo box has a spare scart slot and I was told I could play my dvd thru the box - is this true and how do I do it please 

thank you 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connect dvd player to TiVo box?

You can't, You could use the scart to record shows (if the DVD has recording facilitys) from the tivo but not to play back DVD's

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can't, You could use the scart to record shows (if the DVD has recording facilitys) from the tivo but not to play back DVD's

0 Kudos
Dixeybaker
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ! One more stupid question - can I get an adapter that will allow me to connect the DVD player to the tv ? Scart to hdmi ?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can get converters but it's probably better and almost as cheap to buy a newer dvd or blu ray player

any blu ray player also plays all your dvds so that is the better investment and you can get one for 30 - 40 on eby, that will go into a hdmi socket

Dixeybaker
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was just looking at that option next ! New tv new dvd ! Thank you so much for your help !

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

amazon are offering 60 days of lovefilm by post for free with any new dvd or blu ray. player

doubtless there are strings attached and small print, and arguably a dinosaur like lovefilm by post is better ignored but it's nice to have options Smiley Happy

0 Kudos