Menu
tricia
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Confused about tv channels

Hi All.

I know this sounds stupid but I am brand new to Virginmedia tivo package.

And i'm confused as to what channels are included, I thought all the channels that are free with my package m+ would be listed in a group, I should have 130 in total, but when I click on them they say available with m+ or m or more tv. Etc. 

Basically how do I find out which channels are available on my package only? 

Thanks

Tricia

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Confused about tv channels

This is the current channel list:

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf

Anything with a green dot, black circle or purple square should be available on the M+ tier.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is the current channel list:

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf

Anything with a green dot, black circle or purple square should be available on the M+ tier.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
tricia
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello nodrogd.

Thank you so much for the reply,  It is really, really helpful.

I don't understand why Virgin don't just keep all the channels for each package grouped together at the top of the list, and the extra Channels that you would have to pay extra for below them at the bottom. It would be so much easier for everyone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there tricia,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding your package and which channels are included. Cat Sad

nodrogd is spot on with the above link.

We really do appreciate your feedback and we are always looking for new ways to improve our service.

If you have any further queries regarding channels or anything else at all, please let me know. Robot Very Happy

Catch you later,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
JDudey
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

This was an interesting thread. I have had an M+ package for a long time now, I thought I had some channels missing and according to the link mentioned on the previous post I was right as I do not seem to have access to an awful lot of the channels the list says I should have (examples being Syfy / Discovery / National Geographic). Do you know if I need to do a re-boot of my box or something?

Thanks

Jo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're missing TV Channels. 

Syfy and Discovery are 100% available to M+ and above customers so it's worth checking your package to ensure you don't have the very basic M package. Log in to My Virgin Media here: My VM to double check. 

If you are still unable to get that channel, reboot your box and try again. If it's the same, pop a screenshot of the error you are getting so we can look in to this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos