Menu
brownowl58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Confused Tivo User

I am so confused by how Tivo works - for instance I went to my deleted items tonight to look for something for my grandson.  In there I found LOADS of things that I never recorded let alone deleted - how did they get there? Why do some things record and others don;t? 

Please help ............................................

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Confused Tivo User

Hi brownowl58,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  As sjp123 mentioned it could be 'Suggested' Recordings that have deleted and now appearing in the deleted folder.

If this is a feature you would like to turn off you can do so following these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON/OFF

If you'd like to know anything else about TiVo®, don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help if you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

brownowl58 wrote:

I am so confused by how Tivo works - for instance I went to my deleted items tonight to look for something for my grandson.  In there I found LOADS of things that I never recorded let alone deleted - how did they get there? Why do some things record and others don;t? 

Please help ............................................

do you have suggestions enabled?

could be that the programmes you're not familiar with are deleted suggestions.

don't worry about the volume of your deleted shows, they don't count against your disk space used and will be removed when your TiVo needs to actual disk space to record a new programme.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi brownowl58,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  As sjp123 mentioned it could be 'Suggested' Recordings that have deleted and now appearing in the deleted folder.

If this is a feature you would like to turn off you can do so following these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON/OFF

If you'd like to know anything else about TiVo®, don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help if you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out