Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Concentric circles appear in background picture

The problem is as per the attached photo of a still frame from a TiVo recording.  What happens is the following:

On some live and recorded programmes (any channel), I occasionally get interference/artefacts appearing in dark scenes, such as the attached from a still.  They can be very visible.  Ignore the vertical mark, that's part of the actual picture.  I don't know how the Virgin logo on Ch999 is supposed to appear, but I've attached a pic of that as best I can.  Should that jagged circular frame be there?

This is not a problem with HDMI cables or my TV, as I've connected a different TV using a different HDMI cable and it's just the same.

I thought the picture on HD was supposed to be free from artefacts such as these?

CirclesCircles

Logo.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Concentric circles appear in background picture

Hi Shugg,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help have a look at this for you.  Will this happen on HD and SD programmes?  If you can let me know I can check further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks. HD & SD.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi shugg,

Thanks for your response.

The picture on channel 999 is consistent with the picture I'm seeing at this end to be honest so I would say that is how it looks. The other issues you're having though do seem strange. The test results I'm getting back don't seem to indicate any problems although I wouldn't expect to see the artefacts and lines you're seeing on the HD feed. I think It's probably best if I organise one of our engineers to come around and have a look at this for you as you're getting the same result on a different TV and HDMI cable. I will send you a private message shortly (purple envelope top right) so we can discuss this further.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos