Menu
RogersR1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Computer and TV setup.

Hi

I received my new TIVO box yesterday but have a problem. Up until now I have used just phone and broadband services with the incoming cable and box installed to my small office room by my computer upstairs on the first floor. My TV is located in the living room downstairs so it is impossible to tie the Virgin box, the TIVO unit and TV due to there distance apart. What do you suggest? Seems like the installation needs to be changed? Regards Robin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Computer and TV setup.

I guess you should not have been offered a QuickStart install if you advised that the location of your broadband and TV are different.

You will need an engineer to install a separate co-ax point for your TV and you should call in to arrange this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there RogerR1

Thank you for your message, I can see that you've had some advice about the Quickstart team, have you been in touch already? I can see after running my tests that there's still not an active connection. if you would like me to arrange a visit, let me know as If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

All the best.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RogersR1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you could come and give some advice it would be welcomed. Do you live in Coventry and are you a Virgin engineer?

I tried ringing for advice but the Virgin response from somewhere in Asia was difficult, I don't think he understood what

I was asking.

Regards Robin. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

RogersR1. That's a member of the forum team not an engineer. He is however offering you an engineer visit to sort out your problem. Look at the top left of this page and you'll see a purple envelope symbol. Click on it and it will give you the details.