Menu
rachjwet
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Compensation for On Demand being unavailable

We have not had On Demand available all evening and would like to know what compensation you offer considering we pay for this service.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation for On Demand being unavailable

What did they say about it being down when you phoned? Have you checked the website re problems in your area?

even if your bill is £100 pm (just guessing it may be more or less) then compensation for 1 night would be £3.33

give them a chance to fix it which they can't do if they don't know about it. 

roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We assume you "Re boooted" TIVO? then tried again?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rachjwet,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that On Demand isn't working for you at the moment.  I know how annoying this can be so I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

Are you still having troubles with the On Demand today?  If so, let me know and I can help further.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine from here with the signal and power levels at present.

I'm here to help so please keep me posted on how things are.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

What did they say about it being down when you phoned? Have you checked the website re problems in your area?

even if your bill is £100 pm (just guessing it may be more or less) then compensation for 1 night would be £3.33

If your bill was £100, you would have all three services. There is no suggestion that broadband, phone line or normal TV wasn't working. Your £3.33 would be rather generous. Pennies I would suggest for the failure of one small part of one service.

mbonnick
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Parrotperson wrote:

If your bill was £100, you would have all three services. There is no suggestion that broadband, phone line or normal TV wasn't working. Your £3.33 would be rather generous. Pennies I would suggest for the failure of one small part of one service.

Come on Ernie, if the brakes failed in your car I'm sure you wouldn't choose to drive it despite the remaining 98% of components working absolutely fine!! We pay for a package and expect any element of that package to work at any time.  If it doesn't then we should be refunded 1/30th of the monthly package amount for every day one part of it doesn't work as detailed...

At least, that is how I see it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mbonnick wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

Parrotperson wrote:

Come on Ernie, if the brakes failed in your car I'm sure you wouldn't choose to drive it despite the remaining 98% of components working absolutely fine!! We pay for a package and expect any element of that package to work at any time.  If it doesn't then we should be refunded 1/30th of the monthly package amount for every day one part of it doesn't work as detailed...

On demand isn't brakes it's more like your air con, inconvenient but not game changing

mbonnick
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

mbonnick wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

Parrotperson wrote:

On demand isn't brakes it's more like your air con, inconvenient but not game changing

Not if you bought the car based on it having air con against other cars that didn't. 

We cant assume that what is a nice to have for us is not the number one reason someone else signed up to Virgin.

I have other ways of getting OD much quicker than Tivo can manage so it doesn't bother me, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to someone else.  Maybe to them, broadband and phone line not working might be just an inconvenience.....

0 Kudos