Menu
ChrisNewman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Comedy Central HD and Nick HD sometimes out of sync / Pixelating on recordings

My setup...

Tivo plugged into TV - Optical from TV to Receiver.

Comedy Central HD and Nick HD are sometimes out of sync.  Happens whether I have PCM or Dolby Digital audio selected.

I can fix this sometimes if I press info during a program and switch to the stereo track instead of the Dolby Digital one.  Did that today with Sam & Cat (not a fan of the show!) but obviously it means you need to do this every time the programs change.  On Comedy Central HD, Friends for example is sometimes in sync and sometimes not.

It isn't my delays or TV as it only happens on these channels and it isn't all of the time. Also as I write this now both channels are perfectly in sync...

I also have a separate problem with my recordings pixelating on any channels.  It seems to happen when another tuner begins recording or finishes recording and other times it just pixelates for no apparent reason..  Done a full reset and still have the same issue.  Was on Sky before and never had any issues with sync or pixelation, so will be switching back to Sky once my 12 months are up if these issues aren't resolved.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ChrisNewman
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Comedy Central HD and Nick HD sometimes out of sync / Pixelating on recordings

The sync is perfect again today so don't worry about it for now. If it happens again I will make a note of the program etc... to help narrow down the problem.

I did have some pixelation in the recording of the Voice last night on BBC1 HD though. Only for a split second though. Is it normal to get pixelation like this in recorded shows? I have never seen it happen in any live viewing.

0 Kudos