Menu
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Code required for JVC LT-49C550

Hi there!

Just bought one of these and cannot find a working code in the existing list. (I have tried each one at least twice; maybe even three times.)

Short of sitting there for hours going through every single one of the entire code database, can anyone give me a code that works!

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Code required for JVC LT-49C550

Hi.  I'm guessing from your forum name that it is a Tivo remote control?

It's worthwhile making sure that you have reset first, then use the code search, instead of manually trying codes. One reason is that some TV brands are actually made by a third party and then rebranded, and occasionally the published codes have yet to catch up with what is currently being sold - for instance I have found that the Sky code for your TV requires both a later revision handset and one of two codes - one is published as JVC, the other is published as LG

So, in case you haven't tried the reset and search routine; 

1: Reset remote
To clear your changes and reset your remote to its original settings:

Press and hold down clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
Press Thumb down three times, then press ok
The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.

2: Programming your remote using a code search
The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
  2. Press and hold down and at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  3. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.
  4. Press channel up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
  5. When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on.
  6. Press and to check that the remote is working with your TV. If it isn't working continue to search using channel up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 5 and 6.
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.

Once you’ve set up your TiVo remote to control the volume and mute on your TV, some TVs will support control of the standby function too. To check this, just press and hold standby for more than 5 seconds and then release, and your TV should turn off. Repeat this to turn your TV back on. If this doesn’t work correctly, then you’ll need to use your TV remote to turn your TV on and off.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TivoFan,

Thanks for posting!

Have you tried using code 0010? This code searches through all of the available codes for the remote (take a little bit of time!).

Unfortunately, if you've tried all of the JVC codes and the 0010 then there may not be a code currently available for that model.

We get new codes all the time from TV manufacturers so keep checking our Remote Control Code List for updates.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh.

Thanks for the reply.

As I said, I don't really want to sit there for hours going through every single one of the entire code database.

Will keep trying I guess.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi.  I'm guessing from your forum name that it is a Tivo remote control?

It's worthwhile making sure that you have reset first, then use the code search, instead of manually trying codes. One reason is that some TV brands are actually made by a third party and then rebranded, and occasionally the published codes have yet to catch up with what is currently being sold - for instance I have found that the Sky code for your TV requires both a later revision handset and one of two codes - one is published as JVC, the other is published as LG

So, in case you haven't tried the reset and search routine; 

1: Reset remote
To clear your changes and reset your remote to its original settings:

Press and hold down clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
Press Thumb down three times, then press ok
The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.

2: Programming your remote using a code search
The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
  2. Press and hold down and at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  3. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.
  4. Press channel up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
  5. When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on.
  6. Press and to check that the remote is working with your TV. If it isn't working continue to search using channel up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 5 and 6.
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.

Once you’ve set up your TiVo remote to control the volume and mute on your TV, some TVs will support control of the standby function too. To check this, just press and hold standby for more than 5 seconds and then release, and your TV should turn off. Repeat this to turn your TV back on. If this doesn’t work correctly, then you’ll need to use your TV remote to turn your TV on and off.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos