Menu
newport_rod
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Co-ax output from a TiVo box

I have connected my TiVo box to an AV Receiver (an Onkyo TX-SR606) via a CoAx cable to obtain a 5.1 Audio signal. It works OK on live TV but not on the playback of recorded shows (where there appears to be no signal

BTW I'm not using HDMI as the HDMI board is faulty; the other parts seem to be OK though,

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Co-ax output from a TiVo box

It used to work until about 2 months ago when Virgin Media released an update that broke it. The rollout continued for about a month after the problems were known about and they have been so silent about the matter that many of us have given up hope of a fix any time soon. There have been daily posts and twitter complaints etc. ever since.

Here is one of the threads on the subject: (be advised, it is not happy reading)

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausing-or-rewinding-tv/td...

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos

All Replies
newport_rod
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Correction  - I'm using optical cable from the TiVo to the receiver (not coax, that's on the BD player)

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It used to work until about 2 months ago when Virgin Media released an update that broke it. The rollout continued for about a month after the problems were known about and they have been so silent about the matter that many of us have given up hope of a fix any time soon. There have been daily posts and twitter complaints etc. ever since.

Here is one of the threads on the subject: (be advised, it is not happy reading)

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausing-or-rewinding-tv/td...

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
newport_rod
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks thanks4nothing. This is unfortunate isn't it! Looks like I have to sit back and wait (or find another provider)

Rod

0 Kudos