Menu
SprinterMan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cisco TV Box, freezing, stuttering and not updating channel gui

My Tivo box has started to occasionally freeze then stutter during playing back recordings and now randomly it is showing To Be Announced on the channel guide when I try to view it. It is also making a buzzing sound through my speakers sometimes too when transitioning between OnDemand and normal TV. It also feels a little warm to the touch on the underside. 

I've done the usual of turning it off and on again including disconnecting the power completely and the symptoms are still evident. Could it be an imminent HDD failure or a more fundamental problem?

Drummer, guitarist and also petrolhead
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cisco TV Box, freezing, stuttering and not updating channel gui

It could be a signal issue. Phone in and get someone to check. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cisco TV Box, freezing, stuttering and not updating channel gui

Hi SprinterMan

Welcome to the Community, I can't apologise enough for the problems you've reported with your TV service lately. I want to help to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests for you, we're detecting some issues with the signal and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding a potential appointment in a private message, you can view that message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos