Menu
antbrooke
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cisco CT8620 Tivo box / Samsung UE55KS8000 TV with One Connect Mini Box / no signal

good afternoon,

Has anyone had any issues connecting their Tivo box to their Samsung TV via the Samsung One Connect MINI box?

I simply get no signal coming into the tv and I have:

1) replaced the TV and One Connect Mini Box,

2) replaced HDMI cables,

3) tried the HDMI ports on the One Connect Mini box with Apple TV and my Macbook Pro to prpve that the HDMI ports actually work.

4) reset my samsung TV / reset my Tivo box

5) tried different HDMI ports

6) had a Virgin Media engineer around who stated that there is nothing they can do as the Tivo box does still work with my old tv.  This engineer had also never seen or even heard of the One Connect Mini box from Samsung.

7) Samsung say that it is a Tivo issue as all the HDMI ports work with other appliances.

Set up - I have the cables set up correctly for the old tv to work but instead of plugging the the HDMI cable into the TV I have to plug it into one of the 4 HMDI (HDCP 2.2) ports on the One Connect Mini box.

The One Connect Mini box is powered by the tv.  Believe the purpose of this box is to make sure that it is only this box that needs to be changed / updated in the future (when ports and cables change) as opposed to buying a new TV 

Still simply no signal whatsoever. 

desperately needing step by step guidance

thanks

Ant

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cisco CT8620 Tivo box / Samsung UE55KS8000 TV with One Connect Mini Box / no signal

You'll probably need to upgrade to Tivo V6 anyway (for 4K UHD) as old Cisco 8620 Tivo won't/can't be upgraded after 6 years! Might be worth a chat with Retentions to see if they'll do a deal for a V6 replacement w/o the £65 (box+install) fee?
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cisco CT8620 Tivo box / Samsung UE55KS8000 TV with One Connect Mini Box / no signal

In which order do you power the devices on?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
antbrooke
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have powered on the devices in different order.

Is their a particular way that it should be done and I will follow any step by step instructions tonight.  First thing will be to unplug all appliances for 10 mins or so I imagine.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is there no other means to connect to the TV?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
antbrooke
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No. Simply has to go through the one connect Mini box.

Do you have this tv? Have you managed any other way?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not - I have a nice, dumb, 40" Full HD Samsung.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You'll probably need to upgrade to Tivo V6 anyway (for 4K UHD) as old Cisco 8620 Tivo won't/can't be upgraded after 6 years! Might be worth a chat with Retentions to see if they'll do a deal for a V6 replacement w/o the £65 (box+install) fee?
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have been using one of these for well over a year with no problems. 5 into one hdmi switcher £4.99 ebay ..5 PORT HDMI Switch Switcher Selector Splitter Hub + iR Remote 1080p For PS3 HDTV etc
0 Kudos
antbrooke
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good morning everyone,

Many thanks for all your help, thoughts and assistance over the past few weeks.

It has been a very challenging time especially as Virgin Media weren't able to offer a solution.

Samsung did all the tests but, as they weren't able to assist, they did allow me to replace my TV and get a new one connect mini box. As the problem was not resolved they stated that it must be a virgin media issue.

Virgin media stated that as the current TiVo box actually works on my other tv then it's clearly not a problem with my box. The engineered that came out confirmed these thoughts, the technicians over the phone stated that there is nothing more they can do but, as I had mentioned to them numerous times over numerous different calls, the only thing that has not been replaced is the TiVo box. All cables and TV have been replaced but they were reluctant to replace the box. I have now ordered the latest box at a cost and I am waiting for the installation which can only be done early February! Virgin Media did state that this new box is unlikely to work as my current box does not work on my new tv. It is not exactly what you want to hear.

To try and rule out my current box issues I went to a friend's house and picked up their virgin V box HD 4585 in order to do a test and, to my relief, it worked with my new tv.

It really is an issue with my TiVo box contrary to what virgin media wanted to believe. Overall virgin media have been useless and I have made a formal complaint. Even the guy Peter to whom I was making a formal complaint was trying to say, "have you tried this, have you tried that". These comments are so annoying especially when I know he had the full history of the notes made by all the technicians etc on the screen in front of him. I simply wanted to make a formal complaint!

The first error really made was that the engineer that came around did not try a different box on our new tv. That would have solved the problem a long time ago and saved me a significant amount of hours talking to different people over the phone.

The new box better be good as otherwise I am going back to Sky and I will be making a lot of noise about it.

So, if virgin media ever say it is not a problem with their box then do not believe them!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You've got a Cisco TiVo.

I wonder if the Samsung manufactured TiVo would fair any better....

0 Kudos