Menu
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Channels We Would Like to See on Virgin Media

Now obviously we have no control over the deals reached between Virgin Media and broadcasters but I thought it would be fun to see what channels people would like to see appear on Virgin Media in the future. This is only a general topic so please don't take it too seriously.

I would like to see the following:

• Universal HD
  • CNN International HD
  • Your TV
  • Spike TV
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels We Would Like to See on Virgin Media

I'd like to see AMC UK and Sky Atlantic on Virgin Media, neither of which is going to happen anytime soon. Also like to see all of the True channels.

I watched some of Spike on my freesat box before it broke... and it was rubbish.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Atlantic

Sky Atlantic

and..

erm..

Sky Atlantic

I know it aint going to happen as it is the major differential between Sky and everyone else as that's where nearly all the best programmes go. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LindaAMS wrote:

Now obviously we have no control over the deals reached between Virgin Media and broadcasters but I thought it would be fun to see what channels people would like to see appear on Virgin Media in the future. This is only a general topic so please don't take it too seriously.

I would like to see the following:

• Universal HD
  • CNN International HD
  • Your TV
  • Spike TV

Of these Universal HD is the most likely to appear. Spike will probably not turn up until the deal with Viacom is renewed. CNNI HD has very restricted coverage in Europe, with only the Turksat 4 & Badr 5 (Middle East) satellites currently carrying the service. Until a European satellite joins distribution we will not see it on any TV platform.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We may see movement on CNN HD front with the news that it currently test broadcasting unencripted on satellite at the moment for UK viewers so It all depends on any contractual and carriage agreements I suppose.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CNN HD tests on satellite have been and now gone - finished a few days ago.

We have Sky here too and Sky Atlantic would be top of my list  - if I was asked which Sky channel can we remove as you have to lose one.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos