Menu
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channels Have Disappeared

Hello,

I am on the M+ TV package, with the Sky Movies 6 month offer.  I have always had the Discovery Channel and Eden included.  Tonight I was recording something on Discovery.  I went to watch it and the recording had disappeared.  I checked the channel list and Discovery and Eden have been removed from my channels.  I checked the channel listing for my package, given on this forum and it says M+ is 3, so the channels should be included.  I have received no correspondence about a change in my package.  So doesn't M+ exist anymore?  Why wasn't I told?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channels Have Disappeared

I think M+ has been renamed to Mix TV now, but at the same time the channel guide says M+ should include Discovery...

Which package does My Virgin Media say you should be on?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think M+ has been renamed to Mix TV now, but at the same time the channel guide says M+ should include Discovery...

Which package does My Virgin Media say you should be on?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I rang them this afternoon, apparently in order to get those channels back, I have to pay extra and sign a new contract. I was not informed of the change.

My current contract is up in May and there is no way I'm signing a new one. I have been a customer since the CableTel days and this is the first time I am seriously thinking of looking elsewhere.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At the very least I'd be ringing Retentions up in May and explaining just that - if you've not renegotiated for a while then the chances are fairly high that you're paying over the odds for the service you're receiving.

0 Kudos
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! I'll give it a go.
0 Kudos