Menu
jasonh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel not authorised

Hi,
During the day we are experiencing either a 'this channel is not available' or 'this channel is not authorised' message. The channel either comes back quite quickly or within a hour or so.

It is a TiVo 500gb box.

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel not authorised

hi jason h its funny you should mention that i add the same come up on mine whilst watching sky sports mix i went to watch it came up saying you are not authorised to view this channel please ring for help so i went off it and it came back but it was ok to view thats exactly what i got on mine jonni thanks for bringing that forward see what the forum team have to say thats not right that should come up they cant putt that on screen unless they know your trying to gain access in to the box then they can but it will be pin locked
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello jasonh,

Sorry to learn this is happening with your TiVo® box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have located your account to run some test and all the signals look okay so can I just check what channels this is happening on and if you haven't already would you be able to ensure all cables are secure at the back of the box please.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jasonh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
Thank you for the reply. Yesterday it was E4+1, I did a reboot of the box and it seems OK at the moment. All cables seem secure. I'll let you know if we start experiencing the same problem again.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this.

I hope there are no further issues but if it starts again let me know and I'll arrange for someone to take a look at it for you.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos