Menu
Smudgethecat
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Channel lineup on EPG

I live in North Kent and at sometime someone decided I would be best served if London was my local news area, hence I get ITV London on the EPG at 103. There is no Kent news on this "local news" channel - London only, for which I only have a passing interest.

If I want Kent/Sussex news I have to go to ITV Meridian on channel 871, is it possible to move this to 103 on my TIVO box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel lineup on EPG

Smudgethecat wrote:

I live in North Kent and at sometime someone decided I would be best served if London was my local news area, hence I get ITV London on the EPG at 103. There is no Kent news on this "local news" channel - London only, for which I only have a passing interest.

If I want Kent/Sussex news I have to go to ITV Meridian on channel 871, is it possible to move this to 103 on my TIVO box?

It isn't. It depends on the headend your're connected to and in that case your headend is London. Nodrogd made a very helpful post about it here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/ITV-Anglia-HD/m-p/3081362#M131847

And here's a gallery link to a headend map: /t5/image/serverpage/image-id/70573iBDC46B945BAF2D66

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel lineup on EPG

Nope. Not possible to move channels around. VM TV boxes have no regional settings. The London headend you are downstream of determines the channel allocations, so everyone downstream of that headend (most of North Kent is ex-Telewest Croydon headend) gets the same channels on the same numbers. Where there were significant overlaps in regions additional feeds were added, & then these are locked in or out by the Network ID Table the boxes receive, so that only people in the overlap areas can see them. These additional services are allocated channels 858 for BBC1, & 870 or 871 for ITV.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos