Menu
lawson0007
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Channel Not Available Error

Hello

I have a TiVo box and quite often, at least two or three times per week, I get an error that a channel is not available. To resolve this I often have to switch off/on three or four times or eventually reboot the box.
Surely this is not normal!
Any advice or similar experiences out there?

David.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel Not Available Error

Hi David, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with channels not being available Smiley Sad

Is it one channel in particular that is giving this error or do you find this happening on a range of different ones? 

Checking the account, things are looking mostly good. There are a few timeouts but nothing major. The box looks like it hasn't been rebooted in just under a month so when you say you are turning it off and then back on, are you turning it off by the remote? If so this will only put it into standby. 

Try turning off at the mains for a few minutes then putting it back on. 

Has this made any difference?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lawson0007
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. The issue can happen with any channel and does tend to go away when I do a full restart or power off but I wouldn't have thought I would need to do that particularly often?

David.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello lawson0007,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for a technician to take a look at your TiVo® box so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos