Menu
lividihard
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Channel 5 HD - Pixelating

Hi

Is anyone having issues with Channel 5HD?

For weeks now I have been experiencing pixelating & freezing on Channel 5 HD only. This is happening at random times but always appears to be happening to programs I am either watching live or recording

Its really becoming frustrating now as I have phoned in to report this and was promised a call back which has never happened

It makes watching anything in HD on Channel 5 impossible

Anyone experiencing the same issues

ksouth23
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 5 HD - Pixelating

Hi lividihard, experiencing the same problem and posted on here someone got back to me but i missed the post

0 Kudos
lividihard
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any admins able to look at this
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi livihard

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with Channel 5HD at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box for you, we're not detecting any issues with your overall TV service at the moment. How is the picture on Channel 5 SD? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lividihard
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Channel 5 SD is fine and no issues only HD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Lividihard, 

Thank you for coming back to us on that, I've picked up this message as Craig is off duty today. I've gone to run some further testing today, but can see that your set top box is showing as offline at the moment, This has been caused by an outage today. Our network technicians are working on this at the moment and hope to have things back up and running by 4pm. 

I've set a reminder to take a look at things on Saturday for you, (Myself and Craig are off duty tomorrow), as the weekend is classed as peak time, so I will look to see if there is any further issues. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dayjn
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Me too. Unwatchable tonight. And my recordings of football highlights are usually bad too. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dayjn,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also getting pixelated picture on this channel.  I would like to check this further for you.

I have connected to your box remotely currently it is showing 'offline'.  Can you please confirm if the box is turned on at the time of this post?

Let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos