Menu
Andrewandlynn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change v+ Box for TiVo

Hi, I have existing tv/broadband and phone with you, with a TiVo box and v+ box. I have been given a new unused TiVo box and wondered if I can simply swap the v+ Box for it? Have plugged it in bet getting code 7011 as needs activating?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change v+ Box for TiVo

You cannot get Virgin Media kit from anyone other than directly from Virgin Media themselves. All kit is rented and not bought.

The TiVo box you have been given will never work. If you want to swap your V+ HD for a TiVo you can do so, or you can swap it for a newer V6 box.

For either option you'll need to speak to Customer Services.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the box you were "given" was not supplied directly to you by Virgin it should be returned to them. Only units supplied directly by them will be linked to your account & can therefore be activated.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
You cannot get Virgin Media kit from anyone other than directly from Virgin Media themselves. All kit is rented and not bought.

The Virgin TV V6 box:

Quote: " The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost.
New and existing customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95."

That sounds like you have to buy the new one to me.

Link: Game-changing Virgin TV launch

But we all know VM's English dictionary is different to the one we have down here on Earth Smiley Very Happy

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have always charged one off costs for TiVo and also the V+ HD before it, alongside any monthly changes.

The pricing structure for the V6 box is not new, nor is it unique in the pay TV world.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you will not be able to activate that box you have been given ben is right do it correct way buy from virgin then your not doing anything wrong if your friend is giving away a box from virgin and passing it on he will get found out its wrong jonni
0 Kudos