Menu
tpg123
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ch 4 HD interference

Hi. Ch4 HD gets inteference lines and pixelates when watching and on playback. All other channels seem fine.
I have had trouble for months. phone calls to vm who can't find fault. Engineer been out and put booster on. Rebooted many times. Reset box. New hdmi cable. Checked connections many times. Moved electric supply cables around. Tried tv settings.
Any ideas please would be welcome.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ch 4 HD interference

Hi Tpg123,

Thank you for your message Smiley Happy

I have been able to see into the TV services since you posted and It's clear to see that there is an issue with signal levels inside the TiVo. 

i would like to help and I've not been able to adjust these issues from here so an engineer would be best. I will include in the notes of previous visits and work that has been carried out to help assist the engineer in his tests again. 

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tpg123

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with Channel 4 lately.

I'm not aware of any nationwide issue with the transmission of the program and we've not had an above average number of reports with other customers experiencing this issue.

Do you have more than one set top box at home? If so, how is Channel 4 on that?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tpg123
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for responding. Just the one box and just channel 4 HD. I've seen archived similar questions on this site and I've tried the responses given without success.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tpg123

We're not aware of any issues at the moment but we'll keep an eye out for other reports and if other customers are experiencing this issue, we'll raise a ticket for this to be investigated.

Does it happen every time you try to watch it? Were you able to replicate the issue when the engineer visited?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tpg123
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
As I say it's been doing this for months. Didn't originally realise it was just 4HD, engineer said we're at end of cable and cable box along way away, so he put a booster in behind tv. Said to see how we get on. Problem continued, so vm tried to sort online, reset box and said give it a few days. Done this and still does it. They did say that system update is on way and that might sort it.
I've been playing around with leads again this morning and I'm beginning to wonder if it's the box itself, as when I've just moved it the interference has stopped for the first time in months.
Thanks for your help, maybe faulty box or lead socket.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tpg123,

Thank you for your message Smiley Happy

I have been able to see into the TV services since you posted and It's clear to see that there is an issue with signal levels inside the TiVo. 

i would like to help and I've not been able to adjust these issues from here so an engineer would be best. I will include in the notes of previous visits and work that has been carried out to help assist the engineer in his tests again. 

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

tpg123
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Engineer just left after 2 hours. Found fault on cable outside. Thinks it was poor installation (spliced in pit, rg11 at house and rg7 in cabinet). I actually recall original fitter saying it needed a new cable to the box and he'd ask for it. Sounds like that was never done, which is a bit disappointing and surprised no one else has managed to spot this over all this time. Glad I came on this forum otherwise I think I would have moved away from vm.
He's ordered new cable so hopefully not too long now.
Many thanks for your help.
0 Kudos