Menu
Jimpim
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ch 189 True Entertainment

Anyone having problems with this channel, all pixelated and unwatchable, I know it's free but can we watch it please? South Ayrshire.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ch 189 True Entertainment

It's possible it could be signal issues, or an issue with the source broadcast.

Either way, ring it in and get it diagnosed remotely!

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVO boxes are 2010/11 technology, & are gradually being replaced with the new V6 4k compatible box.

VM's services are not directly affected by the weather, but the signal levels the box receives has to be adequate, & this sometimes needs adjustment. Also outdoor connections do deteriorate over time & need replacing, but this is common to all TV platforms.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They can be a little sluggish, especially if your signal levels aren't right.

When it works, it just works and is brilliant, but can take a little to get to that state.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's possible it could be signal issues, or an issue with the source broadcast.

Either way, ring it in and get it diagnosed remotely!

Jimpim
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, new to Virgin Media, the engineer on installation was saying how much better it was than Sky, as Sky is affected by weather conditions, snow on the dish??...and there was no such issues with cable. My wife gave up on the phone, having been put in a queue for over 20 mins. Love the broadband speed, but the TiVo boxes are steam powered compared to what we previously had with BT Vision and BT Infinity.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVO boxes are 2010/11 technology, & are gradually being replaced with the new V6 4k compatible box.

VM's services are not directly affected by the weather, but the signal levels the box receives has to be adequate, & this sometimes needs adjustment. Also outdoor connections do deteriorate over time & need replacing, but this is common to all TV platforms.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They can be a little sluggish, especially if your signal levels aren't right.

When it works, it just works and is brilliant, but can take a little to get to that state.

Jimpim
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I managed eventually to get through to technical support and they could see the signal strength to the TiVo box was low and so have arranged for a technician to attend to it.

Just trying to get to grips with it but disappointed that Netflix and on demand services take an age to load up.

Our phone volume has always been pretty low too, tried two different phones.

The admin is shocking, when we set it up over the phone, they asked for all our bank details for payment and direct debit, then we check our account and it's in the red, they never took the money and indicated that we hadn't set up a direct debit/standing order.

Hopefully it will sort itself out as I was really keen on getting Virgin Media.
0 Kudos