Menu
burgos1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Catch up

Hi Can you help? 

I am unable to watch catch up , on screen it says I have to upgrade my service to watch why?

I have always watch it before.

this system is slow , sluggish and take for ever to get to what you want. 

totally useless, I have been with Virgin , since it was NTL World the price has increased to more that double 

I think it maybe time to change sky must be better than this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up

Hi burgos1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been having an issue watching Catch Up. 

We were aware of a fault that was throwing up an error saying to upgrade to the XL service which was closed as resolve yesterday. If you try again, are you still having the same issue?

With regards to the slowness you are experiencing, the first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps.

Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. 

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Give these actions a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
burgos1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up/iplayer

Hi 

I am having real problems with iplayer on Tivo box, we are unable to watch any catch up program that is on iplayer.

it takes a while before we can get to the channels, then when we get there and pick what we want to watch , screen goes black and then a circle comes on screen starts to rotate then stops and that's it it freezes in that position have to switch everything off . when it comes back on, it keeps going to Waking up then goes of, then waking up, does this about 3-4 times then we have switch off again and wait so that we go back to tv.

Totally useless , just doe snot work 

0 Kudos