Menu
Allie1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Catch up using Guide + OK button

Hi all...

Newbie....I've noticed a virgin email said you can 'catch-up' using  the TV guide as long as there is a 'C' there...I have tried pressing okay on the programmes  but it takes me to a series of options, one being:'go to catch up' which i do, then can't find the programme on the list, nor searching via programme name...is this a known issue...shouldn't a programme marked 'c' just start playing once i've pressed okay? Or at least just ask for confirmation then load it up?

Thank you all...

Allie

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up using Guide + OK button

"Goto catchup" is what you should see for an hour or so after the program has aired, before it's been loaded onto OnDemand. If you're consistently seeing it beyond that point, then you've got problems.

0 Kudos
Allie1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I must have problems.. It's constantly just taking me to 'go to catch up' then takes me to the list of on demand players where I then have to search for it. Hmmmm. Frustrating and possibly back to you view for me. No Chromecast working either.. 😕
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well if it's happening on single specific programs, then it could be OnDemand issues. If you're having it across the board, then I'd suggest either calling into faults-CS to have it checked in real-time - or wait for the forum team to respond.

No point living with service faults if you can get them fixed instead!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allie1,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help check this out with you if that's ok?  As japitts suggested it needs to be an hour after broadcast before this will work.  Occasionally there may be a delay, if it's the case that the next day it's still the same then it maybe that the guide data is listed incorrectly.

Have you got any examples that I could check out for you?  If you can tell me the name of a programme, when it was broadcast and what channel it was on I will have a look into this for you.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Allie1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you.
I called the tech team who told me that's how it works. The 'c' is there just to tell you it's in catch up but it doesn't automatically play once pressing okay and I do have to go through searching for it.. The programme I was interested in turned up on catch up about 3 days later. I had an email though which gave me the impression that if there is a 'c' on the tv guide you can press okay then it plays from there. It works like that with you view which is what I was used to in the old house.

Also my Chromecast isn't working. It's a router firmware issue from what I have read. Are you closer to a fix for this at virgin? Thanks Collette.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allie1,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear you were given some advice when you called in about the Catch Up Guide issue.

Regarding Chromecast, you may be best posting on our Networking and wireless board.  One of you our team can check it out for you.

If you need anything in the meantime, don't hesitate to give the community a shout.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos