Menu
vygon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Catch up tv and netflix

Why is it that when I try to use catch-up TV I get sent to Netflix where I am ask no told that I should sign up for free Netflix account and then I will be charged for using it after six months my question is why do I have to pay for catch up tv I thought it was a free service. and I am getting increasingly sick to the back teeth of this inadequate TiVo box the software inside is certainly not up to the job it is meant for. This is only my opinion but I don't think its fit for purpose it should be withdrawn and updated, or every one who has a TiVo box should be offered the new box if its any better, or at the least a huge discount on a replacement one. If I am being honest I would be looking at sky at this moment in time but I am not sure how long this contract has left to run but I wish I still had my V+box only occasionally did you have a problem with it and if you did you just unplugged it for three or four minutes and then it was ok but seriously I think I might start looking at sky I don't want to because I have been with this company since it was NTL and that's a long time but they don't seam to appreciate loyal customers new ones get great deals but not the older long time ones. Sorry but I didn't mean to go into a rant but since I have I think I will just leave it on to see if they actually read these comments

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch up tv and netflix

i'm assuming here....when you go into catch up/on demand and highlight a show, it will say next to it whether it is on netflix, bbci player, channel 4 od or whatever. in other words not all shows will be available unless in particular you have nextflix. i got excited the other day about seeing a show i liked only to see the dreaded nextflix logo next to the name of the show. not a netflix fan by the way. we pay enough for the full package as it is.

All Replies
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i'm assuming here....when you go into catch up/on demand and highlight a show, it will say next to it whether it is on netflix, bbci player, channel 4 od or whatever. in other words not all shows will be available unless in particular you have nextflix. i got excited the other day about seeing a show i liked only to see the dreaded nextflix logo next to the name of the show. not a netflix fan by the way. we pay enough for the full package as it is.
vygon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No I didn't see anything like that it just sort of thought about it first and then after about five or six seconds decided that it would do what I asked I actually thought it had broke down it took so long but it went to Netflix I didn't have the choice 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi vygon,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your TiVo® Catch Up and Netflix app. Has this been sorted out for you?

I've been able to run testing to your equipment and I'm not getting a response from the TiVo®. If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know so that I can look into this further.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
vygon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry, I'm not surprised that you are not getting a response from my TiVo box, it was not working properly, and was none responsive some of the time and really, really, slow to act on any function when you pressed a button. Anyway I was trying to upgrade to the new V6 box but the one off cost to upgrade is a bit n the high side for us as both my wife and I are retired, but never mind we had an engineer out, and he has replaced the box and tuned it in for us and it is a bit faster than the one he took away. I am not really sure what you can do anyway, are you a virgin media employee???  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Terri is, yes. Identifiable by the little VM logo next to her username.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello vygon,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information, I'm pleased to hear you've had a technician and things have improved.

Terri_P and I are Virgin Media employee's so if you have any further issues please let us know on the forums so we can look into it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos