Menu
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catch up service

I have just up-graded to the V.I.P. Package as i wanted another TiVo box,i already had the old V-box so just put a TiVo in and old box out so 2 x TiVo's now,all work fine.

The catch up is hit and miss,tried to find a program a day after it was on and nothing there,did it 2 ways,from the listing where the ( c ) is to take me to the catch up option on the bottom but just goes back to the listing when i press it and the search option on the Home and catch up but no program there,this was the following day from when the program was on,in one case on my new tivo box (i already had one for years) i went onto listing and nothing there then it popped up about 10 mins after,this catch up is a big thing for me and the listing thing what went on.

And another thing why are they so slow loading things like iplayer/netflix etc.

Please any advice would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up service

Just a thing,will it show up on catch-up if i have the index link set to new only (i think its a completely different thing but i will ask) as i have found

out that this week it was a repeat so didn't show up as a new program on catch-up,it was there but it was dated September 2015 so was at the

bottom on the list when i went through the home button way and catch-up service,clicking on the program still just went back to main TV guide and

didn't open the catch up option page,how fast are the programs put onto catch-up and it still works slow to load main tv program guide page,just blank then

it comes on,any help please or advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello jace1969,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear sometimes the catch up content isn't showing up.

Some programs can take longer to show up depending on when they are released to us.

If it's a program that you're currently following I would recommend setting up a Series Link to ensure you can watch it whenever you like.

Programs normally show up on catch up for 7 days and then they will be replaced with new content.

The IPlayer/Netflix can take longer to fully load than other channels because of the amount of content that is required to display, have you tried to do a mains reset just to see if this speeds up the process?

You can also use the 'Search & Discover' feature on your Home page to search for your favourite program. This will however show up every episode that has aired so it doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to view it but you will instead be able to set up a Series Link or see when the next upcoming episodes are due to broadcast.

Please let me know if you have any further queries

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,thanks for the reply,the problem i had was i did set up a series link but being a new box and the program was not on

for a few months i thought the easy way was just catch up,im just mixing and sorting between 2 TiVo boxes as i have had one to replace

my old V+ box as went onto the VIP package and now waiting for a 1 Tig  one to swop for my old 500gb as the new package im on is 500 and 1 tig.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace1969,

Thanks for the response!

Can you give any examples of missing programs so we can investigate? All we need is the names of the programs, the channels and the date and time they first aired.

If you don't have any right now, that's no problem! If you do encounter any more in the future, write down the program details and drop us a line on here.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos