Menu
Kevinisin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Catch up and rewind

Why do some channels have the "C" / catchup logo and one is not to able rewind the channel?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up and rewind

The Catch Up icons appears on those channels and shows that are available to watch as Catch Up via On Demand.

Separately to that you can only rewind a channel where the tuner has been set on that channel for a period of time. So if you've been watching BBC One for an hour, you could rewind for an hour. However if you then change to Channel 4 (and none of the other tuners are already on it) then you wouldn't able to rewind Channel 4.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Kevinisin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh thanks, I thought that it was like my EE tv box. You can rewind the main channels regardless...seems like a pointless option tbh, why would you want to rewind if you've already been watching?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I personally use it quite a bit. If I'm doing something else and not concentrating on the TV properly, I can rewind and watch again the bit I missed.

Plus it's not just on what you've watched, the tuner buffer applies to any of the tuners, so can apply to channels you're not actively watching.

Any TV service will have slightly different ways of doing things. With EE TV you choose the set of channels you want to use replay and restart with. With Virgin's TV service the option will work with any channel the tuners are on. Each has benefits and limitations.
0 Kudos
Kevinisin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

"tuners, so can apply to channels you're not actively watching."

How do you do that?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Press 'i' on the remote and go down to the three 'R' icons at the bottom left. That will show you what each of the tuners are current set on. You can then select a different tuner to control.

The red bar in the trickplay bar will then show how far you can rewind.

0 Kudos