Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4 (66 Views)

Catch up TV very slow buffering

Hi our main TiVo box downstairs has had very slow catchup for quite a while, usually it sorts itself out after a few days but recently it has got worse. BBC iplayer is particularly bad and constantly lags and buffers at the start of a program, making it unwatchable. We have a standard virgin box upstairs where the catchup is stupidly fast and never any bother. We have tried resetting, running tests etc. to no avail, do we need to call an engineer?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Legend
Message 2 of 4 (61 Views)

Re: Catch up TV very slow buffering

Sounds normal for a tivo. The old legacy boxes get the on demand from Virgin. The tivos get them from BBC. The CDN your Tivo is connected to will be oversubscribed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4 (29 Views)

HI loz25

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your Catch Up TV service, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end. 

The TiVo is actually reporting some errors which could be causing these issues, I can also see it's been turned on for some time so if you're still experiencing the issues can you reboot the box? Let me know once you've done that and I'll take another look at that for you. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4 (16 Views)

Hi Craig

Thank you for your reply and for your help so far. I have just rebooted our TiVo box.
0 Kudos