Menu
Booko
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Catch no HD option

new to TiVo just under two weeks ago, I haven't been able to watch a catch up programme in HD yet, had the option when theSky issue was there to watch in HD but that obviously didn't work, tried with BBC1 and C4 today and only SD versions.

any ideas / tips?

Thinking of cancelling

Helpful Answers
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch no HD option

BBC1 iPlayer is HD by default now isn't it?
They changed the iPlayer so now there is no HD/SD option.

C4 yes like ITV not HD.
A massive lack of HD of everything and it has been like that for months.
Don't hold your breath.

All Replies
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch no HD option

BBC1 iPlayer is HD by default now isn't it?
They changed the iPlayer so now there is no HD/SD option.

C4 yes like ITV not HD.
A massive lack of HD of everything and it has been like that for months.
Don't hold your breath.
Booko
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up no HD option

thanks for reply, pretty sure that when TiVo first came out catch up was in HD, just returned to Virgin having been away for about 3-4 years, doesn't feel like it has improved over time, shame really as things generally get better with tech.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Booko, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having difficulty viewing HD content via Catch Up. 

What shows are you having the issue watching in HD? 

Once the Content Providers give us the content, we upload this for our customers. The only exception to this is BBC Content as this is played directly through iPlayer itself. 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Soulfinger
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've got the new V6 box and having the same issues with various shows. Trying to watch a show via catch up and get an error message when I try to watch the HD version but its OK if I watch the SD version even though the HD channel is available in Virgin. Surly I should be able to watch either SD or HD catch up shows. This is non BBC via iPlayer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Soulfinger

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your Catch Up service.

Are you noticing this issue occur on certain channels or programs? If you're still experiencing the issues.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Soulfinger
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was happening on different channels. I have tried it again with the show Atlanta on Fox. It now allows me to was a HD version but the show keeps stopping every few minutes and I get the screen below. I look at the TiVo area but cannot find a reason for this. When i switch and watch the video in SD all seems to be fine. There is obviously an issue as first I couldn't event get the HD on Demand catch up to work and now it is working but cutting out frequently. 

File_000 (1).jpeg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Soulfinger,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for one of our engineers to take a closer look at this for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos