Menu
lynnwd
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up and Netflix

When subscribing we pay **bleep** loads of money for services that don't work. Netflix on my Tivo box is unwatchable. When i called to rectify this i was told netflix isn't designed for big screens so won't work on the tivo box.. funny that netflix on my apple tv works fine on a big screen.

Catch up TV is a joke. it never works bbc iplayer in particular is total rubbish. so bad that one again i used my trusty apple tv to stream it from my computer. 

so my complaint is you're charging me 80 odd quid a month for services i can't use.

0 Kudos
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up and Netflix

While this is absolutely no help at all, yeah I would choose to use apple TV or say, Chromecast over any of the TiVo apps. Only used iPlayer once on TiVo and it was a dreadful experience tbh. There are so many different platforms to use iPlayer/Netflix etc. On now it's not worth trying.
Your options are if you're out of contract especially, is to ring retentions (thinking of leaving), they could bring your bill down a bit, I get a £10 discount a month....
Mcantwel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I shelled out less than half of a monthly fee on a Firestick and can stream Netflix (though only SD) absolutely fine.

Pity Im paying for HD but as said, TiVo is unusable even though supposedly capable of HD Netflix.

Has this been sorted on the V6 box?

0 Kudos
lynnwd
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good idea. I might give them a call. It's a bit much paying for a service which is unusable. Thanks
0 Kudos
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catch up is in another league on the V6 although i cannot get netflix to work at all (being looked into as i type)

0 Kudos