Menu
dan83590
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up, S###E!

Explain why even after paying a huge monthly amount for the Virgin TV service, why do many features constantly fail. Youtube is slow, catch up regularly crashes, the timer of death spinning in the center of the screen.

Virgin is about to lose another customer and I'll be sure to take many with me.

Why should we pay through the nose for a crap service?

Needs sorting as at the moment the company is nothing more than a massive scammer.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up, S###E!

Not sure if the term 'we' applies to the faults you mention as I have no current issues with those services. Perhaps it's a signal issue to your box at the moment.
0 Kudos
dan83590
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Come on! Absolute tosh. If you have no faults showing then your fault finding system is also useless. iplayer is worst, but others channels will work. So a signal problem only affects one aspect of a service. I find that quite unbelievable.
0 Kudos
Kkylo19
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

In the same boat can't even stream iplayer always buffering. Terrible company terrible service
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

The whole TiVo is slow and clunky.  Friends and family have already had enough.

I hate the TiVo had it since one year after come out, had several boxes and different addresses, tried friends and families and they are terribly slow,   Not the nicest of boxes to use either.

OK Sky boxes only have 2 tuners, but they are so fast, virtually instant response.

In all the years I've had TiVo only used Wish List couple of times, just to try it, more of a gimmick for me.

Rather have a faster box and an EPG that updates when programmes change, not just once a day if lucky,

Way I feel about VM at moment, might dump TV, phone and mobiles, just keep broadband.

0 Kudos
dan83590
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Come on then, what is Virgin gonna do about it. £600.00 per year for a service that is awful I dread to think what some people pay who have all the bells and whistles. Virgin is scamming us every time we hand over a payment.

Watchdog anyone?
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to disappoint, but I have no faults with any aspect of the service - be it Iplayer, YouTube, On Demand etc.. so the problems you are experiencing at the moment cannot be nationwide.
0 Kudos
dan83590
Tuning in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I don't care whether or not it is national. This is just another example where Virgin try to fob people off with a non answer. My service from Virgin is shocking, what is Virgin going to do about it?
0 Kudos
dan83590
Tuning in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Gone quiet huh. You ain't doing Virgin any favours here! What would Richard say?

Literally thousands of similar complaints here and STILL sod all has been done to rectify the problems. Its not a signal issue, the hardware supplied is dog rough.
0 Kudos
dan83590
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Ok, decision made. The service and customer support is obviously non existent. Shocking from such a large company. As of tomorrow we will take our £600.00 per year to Sky. Consider our service cancelled, I will also be spreading the news of your awful support all over Facebook and on every single forum I use and I will be sure to tell the story accurately, how after years of asking for something to be done, still nothing. Virgin is nothing more than a £600 scam. Cheap boxes that are slow, WiFi that is slow, iPlayer that is forever buffering, a catch up service that is slow, a youtube channel that isn't worth waiting for. Disgusting. I will be sure to take as many people away from Virgin as I can.
0 Kudos