Menu
ChrisSmith24
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up - On Demand is Unavailable

Hello

Often when I want to watch something on catch up, I get the error message On Demand is unavailable try again in a few minutes, with code 319 in the bottom corner. This only seems to affect some programs, so presumably isn't an issue with the whole on demand service, but with the individual programs themselves. Trying again in a few minutes does not seem to have any difference - sometimes in a day or two they seem to work, but others continue to not work indefinitely.

I hadn't encountered this before until a couple of weeks ago, but now it seems to be happening to more and more programs - mostly either Sky On Demand or All 4 programs.

Just a few minutes ago, I tried Scream Queens Episode 3, Michael Moore Trumpland, Supergirl Episode 2, The Flash Episode 2, and Damned Episode 6 - all of which were unable to play due to this error.

As today is the last day it is available, I have given up trying to watch Scream Queens Episode 3 using Virgin, and will watch it on my computer. 7 days it has been showing this error message! But for the rest of the episodes I mentioned, sort them out please!

Like I said, other programs work fine, so our On Demand service is working - it is specifically those episodes (and presumably others I haven't attempted to watch) that are having problems. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
pikeinuk
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up - On Demand is Unavailable

I have had the same problem for weeks now and the specific programme I want to watch (last in the series) will be unavailable in a couple of days. How can so many people be having the same problem but on Virgin Media Service Status page it says no issues. I am beyond frustrated with the complete lack of service Virgin are giving us.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisSmith24

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're experiencing some problems with individual programs at the moment and the 319 error represents a various issues. We're working hard to resolve this.

Your individual connection looks good so I don't think there's any issue there, I'd love to hear how it goes moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith24
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As an update, Damned Episode 6 and The Flash Episode 2 now seem to be working, but yesterdays episode of Arrow is not.

So out of the programs I would like to watch, currently these programs are showing 319 error:

Supergirl Episode 2

Michael Moore in Trumpland

Arrow Episode 2 

Hopefully you'll be able to get these issues sorted soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith24
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Programmes still not working - all in Standard Definition - showing 319 error:

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 2

Michael Moore In Trumpland (probably too late to fix this now)

Arrow Season 5 Episode 2

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update ChrisSmith24

Sorry again for the continued problems with your service, we're working hard to get these issues resolved and are looking forward to you being able to use the service as you want.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith24
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Arrow Season 5 Episode 2

Looking back at the examples I've posted in this thread ,some shows with the error do seem to get fixed within a couple of days, but once it gets to be longer than that the issue seems to continue until the program is either removed from catch up after 7 days, or remains indefinitely as is the case of the Sky examples listed above.

0 Kudos
stevea
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How about you try working harder and give us the service we pay for. 

0 Kudos
mazzz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issues since joining 2 months ago nothing ever works on demand catch up only last for 7 days and keep getting the same "we are working on this problem" this service is terrible after being with sky for years never had issues like this only left as they would not renew my box or rusty dish so thought would go with virgin for a yr then get the "New customer" rewards from sky. However don't think I can last another day, Virgin are terrible tricking you with ITV hub that does not exist, BBCi plyer constantly buffers, 100mbps keeps dropping out/ £100 reward voucher never received every time I ring get put on hold then cut off.. One big CO N
0 Kudos
ChrisSmith24
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Arrow Season 5 Episode 2

Harry Hills Tea Time Episode 4

8 out of 10 Cats Episode 1

0 Kudos