Menu
Thommo14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access recordings using TV Anywhere iOS app

My TV Anywhere app automatically updated this afternoon and now I can no longer access my recordings (just times out). It's also incredibly slow.

I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting the TiVo box but to no avail.

I actually use this app daily because it's much faster to use than the TiVo box itself, so now the whole experience of using TiVo is pretty unbearable. 

I have tried two different iPads with the latest version if the app and iOS on both d vices has been updated to 10.1.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access recordings using TV Anywhere iOS app

I have had no such problem with my iPad Mini 1 but it cannot run iOS 10 and is limited to iOS 9.3.5. 

Can anyone confirm the app running on iOS 10?

0 Kudos
Thommo14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to this. I also have an iPhone on iOS 10.1 but with the previous version of TV Anywhere and can access my recordings on the app without issue.

Problem would appear to be with the new version of TV Anywhere and not iOS 10.1. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thommo14 wrote:

Just to add to this. I also have an iPhone on iOS 10.1 but with the previous version of TV Anywhere and can access my recordings on the app without issue.

Problem would appear to be with the new version of TV Anywhere and not iOS 10.1. 

Nope, the new version of the app works OK on my iPad with iOS 9.3.5, so that does suggest a possible issue with iOS 10.  While my iPad is capable of running iOS 10 I can't see any benefit for me, so I'm holding off on upgrading for now.

@Shelke @Tidus Am I correct in thinking you guys have devices running iOS 10?  Either of you tried the new TV Anywhere app, version 4.0?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm running iOS 10.1 and new tv anywhere. Both working fine for me. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry meant iO 10.02. It gets confusing so many updates 😳

0 Kudos
Thommo14
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tried reinstalling app, reregistering iPad and restarting TiVo box, but still cannot access recordings. 

image.jpeg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@SCA1972 I can't due to being a broadband only customer Cat Surprised

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

@SCA1972 I can't due to being a broadband only customer Cat Surprised

That would make it a tad tricky Smiley Very Happy Sorry to have bothered you Smiley Embarassed

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Got the new app but still have the older version of IOS and it works fine

0 Kudos