Menu
KHG01
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can you download a programme from the BBC iplayer etc to my shows for easier access?

Can you download a programme from the BBC iplayer etc so that you can find it quickly in my shows and play it with no buffering?  

We are finding it a) slow to get to a programme and b) we are suffering from glitches and buffering.

We have moved from Sky and it was a really great feature that you can download from the iplayer etc while watching something else and then watch the downloaded programme later and come back to it if you are only half way through from the point we left it.  Where as we seem to keep having to go back to the beginning if we leave a programme halfway through.

We are finding it hard to watch BBC3 too as we are suffering from buffering and glitches when we try to watch.  

Theoretically we have a download speed 18mb/s and 11 upload. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you download a programme from the BBC iplayer etc to my shows for easier access?

No, there is no download facility in TiVo.

What the new Series Link+ function allows you to do is add a Catchup program to My Shows but it is still streamed in real time via the app which is slow to load and buffers for some customers.

For those with poor TiVo app performance, I would suggest investing in a streaming device, such as Chromecast.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you download a programme from the BBC iplayer etc to my shows for easier access?

No, there is no download facility in TiVo.

What the new Series Link+ function allows you to do is add a Catchup program to My Shows but it is still streamed in real time via the app which is slow to load and buffers for some customers.

For those with poor TiVo app performance, I would suggest investing in a streaming device, such as Chromecast.